How to Survive on Minimum Wage: Week 8

As promised, I'm back with all my frugal living...

Actually, recently I haven't been as frugal and cash-conscience as I want. I find myself saying "oh I work 3 jobs, I deserve to buy the name brand cereal". Y'all I'm sorry to all the Brand-Name snobs but the Kroger brand is just as good and cheaper.

My dog is now living with me which is so great to have a little buddy with me. To be honest, this has been a very lonely and eye-opening summer, so it's so wonderful to have her with me! But that being said, I burn quite a bit of gas coming home at lunch to let her out and I end up spending more than my lunch-hour hanging around the house with her. I think my emotional and mental sanity outweighs the money I spend in gas.

These are my two minimum wage living tips this week:

1- Kroger App-- If you have a Kroger card, I would highly recommend downloading this app. You can make a shopping list so you don't get distracted at the store and if you're like me, if you're distracted you spend more money and waste food. You can also view the weekly savings ad, so you can attack that store like you're Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

2- I know that this may seem lame, but next time your friends want to go out for lunch try your local grocer's deli! I went to Vowell's Deli for a weekly-after-church meal. It was one of the greatest meals I've had in a while and I had enough to bring home for later. For $5 at Vowell's, you got a main dish, two sides, your choice of bread and a drink. It's your standard blue-plate but without the line, wait, high prices and stuffy older church folk.


#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts