A Classic Romance: Love Letters of Great Men vol. 1

So Margaret had this book lying around her house and I decided to pick it up. Was it the best book to read in my emotional state? No, probably not. Did I cry? Yes. But it was a sweet wonderful cry, if you're a girl I think you know the difference. I think I was relived to know that there IS love out there. Men are loveable creatures even when you can't believe it in that moment. (ahem, Jerry)


This is my favorite letter from this volume:

I already love in you your beauty, but I am only beginning to love in you that which is eternal and ever precious -your heart, your soul. Beauty one could get to know and fall in love with in one hour and cease to love it as speedily; but the soul one must learn to know. Believe me, nothing on earth is given without labour, even love, the most beautiful and natural feelings.

Count Leo Tolstoy
November 2, 1856

#macyprobs
Book 4 of 10 this summer

Comments

Popular Posts