#frenchmouse: May the French Adventure Begin!

Many of you may already know but yesterday I was accepted as an International Student to study at Grenoble Ecole de Management in Grenoble, France! I am so unbelievably happy and excited to see my hard work pay off! But the excitement and bliss only lasted a little bit when I was pulled into getting back to work at my internship (whoops!) I have so much to do, get ready and prepare for before I jet off to the French Alps.
Just one view I have to look forward to

First on the list is getting all my Visa paperwork in order. If any of y'all have had to get this much official and important paperwork together, I'm sure you understand the stress I'm under! It's a giant time crunch before take-off.
I have to get all my classes approved my advisors. Thankfully my French advisor already approved any French class that I will be tested into (we sit for a French language exam when we arrive, so I could be in French I all the way up to French Civ and Government). Also I'm working in Starkville this summer so I will be able to hunt down my international business is advisor if need be.
Then I need to lock down housing. I have already contacted a few different home-stay organizations. I decided to go with a home-stay program because they are usually cheaper, but also because one of my main goals is to learn French while I'm in France. If I was set up in a dorm or loft with 3 other girls, we would most likely be speaking English to one another. I want to improve my French as much as possible. Also it is not out of the ordinary for university aged boys and girls to live together, you know what that's just not my style...I don't mind boys at all (I've grown out of the cootie stage) it's just I'd rather have my own room and not have to worry about running into them without makeup on, in my jammies, or in the bathroom.
I'm coming home France!

It seems like everything has a catchy hashtag now.
I've decided on
#frenchmouse
for all study abroad adventure posts!
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts