A Nonfiction Book: How to be Parisian Wherever you Are: Love, Style & Bad Habits


How to be Parisian Wherever you Are:
Love, Style & Bad Habits
by Anne Berest, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret & Sophie Mas
 
 
My roommate, Margaret, had this book laying around in the apartment so I naturally was drawn into it. I figured I may not be studying abroad in Paris, but I will be interacting daily with French men and women. I want to be fully prepared.
 
This book had me chuckling and giggling through every page. I'm not totally 100% sure how much these women were telling the truth about their lifestyle or what was exaggeration. I enjoyed the sections about beauty and style. They say that French women wear as little makeup as possible and don't use styling tools (hair dryer or curling iron) on their hair. I tired this lifestyle a few days. I will say that I was ready quicker and I was able to sit and enjoy my coffee (so French) but I didn't feel in any way lovely. I guess French women all wear little makeup so a person wearing a full face of makeup stands out, but I will hold off on going hair-dryer-free for a few more months.
 
 
Book 2 of 10 for the summer.
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts