How to Survive on Minimum Wage: Week 2

Alright friends, I've been two weeks on my own. I came to the terrible realization quickly when I checked my bank account and there was only $8 in it that my paychecks were delayed a week. Like Paycheck from Week 1 was given to be on Friday of Week 2. So this Friday I will get Paycheck from Week 2.
I bounced back as gracefully as I could. I called my father and explained my situation. He kindly put $140 in the account for me. He mainly put it in there for the visa fees that I had to pay this past week, but also because he's a good Daddy.
I also knew that this past weekend, I would have friends in town and they would want to go to dinner and stuff like that, so I had to spend less during the week so I could say "yes" to dinner at my favorite burger place on Friday night and after church brunch at City Bagel Café.

Hours: 40.7
Gross Paycheck: $295.08
Federal: $32.46
Fica: $21.39
State: $14.75
Net Paycheck: $226.47

Food: $12.03
Gas: $10.01
Entertainment: $24.74
Other (Campus France fee, money order, postage): $118.63

Weekly Cash Flow: $61.06

I got two side jobs in Starkville. One is working with the Admissions Office on campus as a MSU Ambassador. I  call perspective students about coming to Mississippi State, answering an of their questions or concerns. Some conversations are super awkward, but some are great! The other job is cleaning the home of a woman that goes to my church, Miss Kathie. She is sick and can't get around as well as she used to. I help her with the laundry, cleaning, ironing, vacuuming and other little small tasks. I'm very blessed that I found these two other jobs to help me save for my study abroad this fall.

#macyprobs


Comments

Popular Posts