#tbt: Head of the Charles Regatta Boston- October 2011

     All through high school I was a coxswain (steered the boats) for St. Andrew's Rowing Club of Roswell, GA. It was some of the best lessons and memories from my high school days. I still stay in touch with the majority of my teammates even though we are now scattered all over the country.
   My senior year I was able to compete in the regatta of all regattas; Boston's Head of the Charles! It is North America's largest regatta. It's a historic course. This weekend will be the 50th anniversary of the regatta. Like everything else in Boston- it's old and full of tradition.
Head of the Charles Course Map
   I worked harder than I ever had to get the opportunity to run this course. I still can remember to this day the multiple tests that I had to go through before even being chosen, then the long practices, the jitters right after launching off, and the victory knowing that this was the best race I had ever run.

My guys and the boat (Fight's On) before race day

 Me and teammate, Morgan with MARY WHIPPLE!!! Gold medalist coxswain *swoon*


#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts