My Friend: Bruna

Outside the Zeta house after having dinner!
  
   This is Bruna. She is from Brazil. We met through the ESL (English as a Second Language) center on campus. The assignment was to meet once a week and for me to help her learn English and adapt to American life. However, I think I'll learn more from her than she will from me.
   We recently were talking about church. I asked her if a lot of her friends back home went to church with her. She said no, she was the only one of her friends that went to church other than Christmas and Easter. She showed me her Bible- it's one of those multilingual ones with English on one side and Portuguese on the other. How cool is that?!?
   I'm excited to see what our friendship will bring. I hope to be able to teach English better and I hope she can share more of her faith with me!

#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts