Don't Waste Your Geography

Jesus Begins His Ministry
(12) Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee. (13) And leaving Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, (14) so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
(15) "The land of Zebulun and the land of
Naphtali,
the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles--
(16) the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and
shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned."
(17) From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
 
Matthew 4:12-17 (ESV)
 
 
Today I took my conversation partner, Bruna, to church with me. I thought it would be a pretty average day at church. Man, was I wrong! We had a guest preacher today at church, which in itself, is fairly normal. The guest preacher hails from the great country of Brazil, which is the same country Bruna calls her own. She was so delighted when he got up to preach. She found a normalness and comfort in this man, while I found it difficult to follow what he was saying. He kept insisting that we shouldn't waste our geography. At first I wanted to scream what does that mean?? Then he explained. There is a correct answer for why do something, then there is a complete answer. He gave the example: "Why did you come to Mississippi State?" My correct answer would be "because I received a scholarship", but the complete answer would be "because God willed it". 
 
After church Bruna jumped at the opportunity to talk to the fellow Brazilian. We talked with Dr. Elias Mederios and his wife for about an hour. During this time, I couldn't help but think 'Wow. What a miracle of God. He brought Bruna and I together. He allowed us to open up to each other and share our faith. He allowed me to bring Bruna to church. And now Bruna is the happiest I've ever seen her speaking Portuguese with another Brazilian!' I was even invited to their home for a traditional dinner (which I hope is a promise they'll keep!)
 
God does not make mistakes. His plan may not make not sense to us, but allow Him to guide you. He knows exactly where and to whom He'll lead you.
 
#macyprobs


All sermons can be heard at: http://pcagrace.org/

Comments

Popular Posts