Read it: Passion and Purity

    I stumbled across this book at the RUF Summer Conference (SuCo) in the discount bin. I had heard a few sermons about Christian dating and I had done my own independent reading for more information on dating in a Christian-like way. This book seemed perfect to add to my collection. The book is well-written from a wonderful woman, however I sometimes felt that it was outdated. Elisabeth Elliot wrote her husband for about 4 years, would only see him for days at a time. I guess my opinion shows how sometimes I don't fully trust God. I just can't get it through my mind how they kept together a such a strong relationship without more contact. HOWEVER God knows all and He knows my journey with all joys and sorrows along it. God obviously wanted these two people together and they were meant for one another. I encourage both men and women to read this book, and maybe let me know what your opinions are!

"There is a big however. It is this: We are not meant to die merely in order to be dead. God could not want that for the creatures to whom He has given the breath of life. We die in order to live."
 
 
 
#macyprobs

 
 


Comments

Popular Posts