Read it: The Young Lady in Waiting

The Young Lady in Waiting
by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones
   Don't let the cover of this book discourage you from reading this devotional. I know it looks kiddie and should be preteens telling them how lovely they are and how God made them in His Perfect image. Of course, the book does discuss self image. You can hardly have a dating book whether religious or not without at least mentioning image. This devo I anything but preteen. There are actually some thought provoking quotes and stories. I will admit that I've never had the easiest time with boys. After reading this book and searching through the Bible, I am finally able to accept the fact that I am always the friend and never the girlfriend.
  Kendall and Jones break down their book into 10 parts: Young Lady of Reckless Abandonment, Diligence, Faith, Virtue, Devotion, Purity, Security, Contentment, Conviction and Patience. It took me all summer to read it, because I wanted to soak it all up! There are questions after each chapter to challenge you and to make you think about your own relationships.
   I WILL be passing this on to any girlfriend who has having boy trouble or putting the husband search before God. I will also treasure it until I have daughters of my own (God willing).

#macyprobs


Comments

Popular Posts