Personal Bible Time

   I have to have some personal time with God, daily. Not just every now and then. We were created to have a real relationship with Him. The only way to have a strong relationship with anyone is to talk to the person daily and learn more about them. I don't see the time as a requirement, I see it as an opportunity to spend time with a good friend.
   It took me a few months after confessing my faith to get into a rhythm. Usually during the school year when I meet with my Bible Study or Sunday School class, I look back over the passages we discussed. However, I have yet to find a church in Georgia that I like or feel comfortable at (I also feel like I don't spend that much time in Georgia to really find a connection with any church) Therefore, I spend most of my summers listening to podcasts on Sunday mornings or whenever. I was still missing that Macy and God time. At the time I was reading a book called The Young Lady in Waiting by Kendall and Jones (I highly recommend it), they explained how crucial it was to have personal down time with God and His Word. The book also helped me get started in how to do so.
   They said to pick any book of the Bible- I picked Psalms. Read at least a chapter a day (some days I read more, just depends). Have a notebook to write down your answers to these questions: What does this say about God? What does this say about me? How can I apply this in my life? The questions are so simple, but they help you dig in to what God is saying. I read the passage once or twice sometimes out loud before even going to the questions.
    I plan to keep this method going, and hopefully one day read through the entire Bible like this! Periodically I will post my findings from my time with God.

#macyprobs



Comments

Popular Posts