A Book Your Mom Loves: To Kill a Mockingbird


A Book My Mom Loves:
To Kill a Mockingbird
by: Harper Lee

At my high school we read To Kill a Mockingbird in our junior year American Lit class, so I thought it was fitting to re-read the classic after I had just finished my junior year in college. Additionally another Harper Lee book will be hitting the shelves this summer: Go Set a Watchman. I had to get up to date! I feel like most of the  American population has read this great book penned by a great woman, so I decided to list some of my favorite quotes from the novel:

"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
 
 "We decided that it would be best for you to have some feminine influence. It won't be many years, Jean Louise, before you become interested in clothes and boys--"
 
"I think I'm beginning to understand why Boo Radley's stayed shut up in the house all this time... it's because he wants to stay inside."
 
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts