So I Graduated...

Yu[. You read that right. After 5 long years...I finally graduated from Mississippi State with not one but two degrees. My hard work placed me in the top 10% of both my class in the Marketing department and the French department and magna cum laude status. I am extremely proud of my achievements and how much I have grown personally, physically and spiritually in these last five years. It has been a wild, stressful, wonderful, busy and sometimes lonely five years.

I don't think I would have been able to get through a lot of low times without my sorority sisters, the friends I made through my church and RUF and of course my family. In college I encountered  a lot of obstacles I expected: bad grades, break-ups, low self-confidence. However my college years also brought loved-ones entering rehab, myself experience such loneliness that it probably borderlined with depression, deep questioning of my faith, and real betrayal by some I trusted.

But you know what, I got through it. I did not do it myself. I could not possibly do it myself. I had a group of strong friends that built me up and ensured me nothing had to be perfect... because honestly the real world is never perfect. I graduated and can only name five real true friends. I was hoping that when I entered college that I would have endless friends. In reality, you only need one true friend.

Graduation- FINALLY!

So to my true friends: I love you. I would do anything for you at anytime and I think you know that.

To my acquaintances: thanks for being around, you made life a little less lonely.

To those whom I used to be close: I still love you but it's a different kind of love. It's the kind of love you have for a pretty zoo animal... like 'yes that's one gorgeous creature, but I'm going to love it from behind this glass because I know he'd eat me if he had the chance'. (you know you all have ex-friends like this.

All of you molded me to be the person I am today and I am grateful for all of those (sometimes painful lessons).

your little mouse
Follow me on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts