Obsession: Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Facial Mask

Recently, I have seen African Black Soap everywhere in the magazines, stores, blog posts, etc. Even at age 23, I struggle with acne so I am always eager to try any product that is supposed to suppress those pesky pimples.

My roommate introduced me to Shea Moisture (she likes their African Black soap bar) and kept raving about it. I must admit she has some pretty great skin. I adore masks so I decided to give Shea Moisture's mask a try.

I found it at my local CVS for about $13.

After washing my face as normal, I was ready to break into this new product. It is black (similar to products that contain charcoal) and slid easily on my skin. I was surprised that it not feel like any of the charcoal products. This mask was extremely soft and lotion-like. I let it sit on my face for 10 minutes before washing it off.

Couldn't wash it off without taking
a funny pic (or nine)!

I was left with very clean feeling skin. Let me let you know now it does not totally suck away all of your pimples but the mask does reduce redness and puffiness of gross acne. The mask also contains tea tree oil which attacks pimples at the source.

I use masks twice a week (Wednesday & Sunday). After a week of using Shea Moisture's African Black Soap mask I saw a big difference in my skin: brightness, smoothness and pimple-count.

I would recommend this mask to anyone who wants to get rid of pimples naturally. I have also heard that African Black soap also calms general redness in the skin, so I'm sure this mask is good if you have eczema.

Have you tried African Black Soap?
your little mouse
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I have a tub of this in my bathroom right now, and it's actually AWESOME. It's so buttery and smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Leah. The more I use it, the more I fall in love. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts