Elizabeth's Big, Fat, Greek (legal) Birthday

Yesterday was my sister's 21st Birthday which just so happened to coincide with the annual Marietta Greek Festival hosted by Holy Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church in Marietta. I have never gotten a chance to go to the Festival. Since I will be living in Sweden for at least the next two years, I want to participate in all the "Marietta" and "Atlanta" things that I possibly can!


Pumped to eat all the Greek food we can fit into our bellies.
Happy to spend the day with my sister & her boyfriend bonding over good food and culture. 



It's like I was actually in Greece...


Yes, because every church has an amphitheatre...



These "mini-Greeks" performing traditional dances.


There are multiple groups composed of different age groups dancing for visitors. At almost 90 degrees, I must say that these dancers are rockstars for wearing those costumes!





Every ticket to the festival includes a guided tour of their Orthodox Church which is absolutely stunning. It is filled with artwork, symbolism and just mesmerizing.  

I am glad that I got to taste a little bit of another culture and a different aspect of the Christian faith (even just for a day).


your little mouse

Comments

Popular Posts