Deal Out Your Fs Accordingly: Work Edition

I recently heard a podcast about when to give an F and when not to based off of the book, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. Basically in a boiled down version, think about what you care about do that. If you don't want to do it then don't do it. Simple as that.

Now I've been at my new job for about 3 months now. I truly hate every single second of it. I need to pay the bills and keep food in my belly or else I wouldn't have even started a new job. My boss is the worst boss I've had up to this point in my life. No matter what happens at the office, even if I don't even touch it--- it's my fault. He has a terrible managing style of publicly shaming you. Once he yelled at me for about 10 minutes in front of the office for a mistake that I admitted to and said I would fix. Even though I apologized, he had to keep yelling. Maybe he thought I would break and beg for forgiveness, but I'm not that kind of girl. I know when I make a mistake and I will fix it to the best of my ability, but I'm not going to gravel at your feet for forgiveness. Hell. No.

Last Friday was the last straw. He yelled at me in front of the office for something that I did not do. I simply told him that I quit. I would pack up my desk at the end of the day. He looked so bewildered like he did not know what came over him. a woman who is not influenced by my screaming and ranting? damn. I did just that. I was tired of being belittled in the work place when I was doing my job and performing well. I had paid April rent on my apartment with my lease ending in May.

This job was really good money, but seriously stressing me out. I needed to keep my grades up to impress my graduate program and to graduate with honors which is already stressful enough. These are my last few weeks in Starkville as a student, I want to live them up.

No F*ck: a job that sucks, a boss who is the WORST, unnecessary stress

F*ck: good grades and enjoying all Starkville has to offer

your little no f*ck giving mouse
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts