A Memoir: Unbroken



Unbroken
by: Laura Hillenbrand
 
This book has been on my to-read list for a while, but it wasn't until I saw the movie over Christmas break that I felt so compelled to read the memoir. I wish that I had read the book before I watched the film. There were so many things that went unexplained in the film. This book was beautifully written. It described the pain and agony that Louis Zamperini went through. I can't even imagine the heartaches of his family and loved ones.
What I adored most of this book was how the reader was allowed into a private life and struggle of a man who had been so much during the war, yet after the war was the most difficult part. His story of love, compassion and coming to Christ is one to be cherished.  Louis Zamperini was a great runner, war hero and Godly man- that's something to be sought after.
 
Next book: A book written by an author with the same initials as you
In the Skin of a Lion 
by Michael Ondaatje
#macyprobs 

Comments

Popular Posts