Challenge Youself: Pageant Night

This past Thursday night I had been waiting for since mid-February. The lights were lit. The pounds of makeup was on. The hair was teased. Smiles as big as the sun. It was finally the night of Miss Maroon and White!
These just a few of the people that encouraged and supported me throughout the whole pageant. I have felt every single prayer, smile and kind word. THANK YOU FRIENDS AND FAM JAM!
We had practice the night before the pageant and I wasn't nervous then. I wasn't shaky when I was getting dressed. It honestly wasn't until we were lined up and told to get ready that I started to second guess myself and ask 'Macy, child, what did you get yourself into?!?' Once I introduced myself to the audience, it was smooth sailing.

The pageant consisted of an interview held earlier in the day, a formal dress and for the top 15 constants THE question.

I wasn't nervous when I opened the door to walk into my interview I just smiled and greeted the judges like I would a group of friends. Handshakes and smiles. The interview is only 3 minutes long, so I didn't have the time to be uneasy, face it proudly. My fun fact for the pageant was 'I have 4 dachshunds: Lola, Ruby, Murphy and Monroe, but unfornately they couldn't be here tonight', so the judges asked me which doggie was my favorite and to explain their personality. [Naturally, it was Lola and she's sassy]

During the actual pageant, I had to introduce myself to the whole theatre.

Good Evening, My name is Macy Osman.
I am a junior International Business major
from Marietta, Georgia.
I am your constant number 6!
 
THEN my favorite part, we had a 30 second formal walk (you know the strutting, and posing, and smiles) while the MCs read our full bio. This was the portion I was most worried about, and it ended up to be my favorite part. I had researched my routine and practiced it until my foot got blisters and ached*only happened once*.  Let me tell you I did my routine as if I was just in my living room rocking to Macklemore instead of gross elevator music. I loved every second of being on that stage. I felt confident. Everyone was watching my every move. For 30 seconds a whole room had their eyes on me. I thought I would hate it, but once my time was done, I asked the stagehand if I could go again. She just shook her head and said 'that's not how this works'.
 
This is one experience I wish I had explored earlier on in my life. If any woman out there wants to find who she is or just wants to do something new, research and consider a pageant. It doesn't have to be a huge Miss America thing, even  your local Miss Peach Pit will challenge you.
 
If nothing is expected of you, you will never change and rise to the occasion.
Slap a smile on.
Strap on some heels.
Find a perfect shade of red lipstick.
Tease your hair sky-high.
ENJOY YOURSELF!
#macyprobs 
 


Comments

Popular Posts