Challenge Yourself: The Pageant Macy

Friends, I have decided to do something completely out of my character. I've decided to compete in Mississippi State University's annual Miss Maroon and White pageant. To tell you the truth, I have no idea why a pageant info session peaked my interest in the first place. Sitting in the information session, surrounded by about 25 other girls, I was thinking 'oh I can so beat her.' Like what the heck? I've never competed in a real beauty pageant and here I am sizing up my competition. [If I ever have children, I will definitely be *insert sport here* mom] For about a week, I mulled over the thought of prancing on stage in a gorgeous dress and potentially embarrassing myself. So many of my sorority sisters and friends in RUF encouraged me to act on my interest. [There must have been some reason for my interest in the first place] I was reassured that if I did my best, then there would be no way that I could embarrass myself or my sorority.


The competition consists of an interview and a pageant. I am pretty good at interviews (not going to lie), but I am currently researching, practicing and perfecting my stage walk, wave and smile.


The pageant is at the end of this month. I am doing a little something everyday to prepare whether it's watching old pageant videos on Youtube, researching popular pageant questions, practicing my glide, or working out. I really don't expect to win this pageant or even place in the top 10. My main goal is to challenge myself, have fun, meet girls I wouldn't normally know  and NOT TRIP!


Join me on my journey to Miss Maroon and White 2015,
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts