A Few Things You Need to Survive Finals

Alright guys, so it's the first day of finals here at Mississippi State. I feel like I'm always cramming between Christmas parties, zeta formal, power naps and late-night sonic runs. I thought that I'd share the 9 things that help get me through the final season.

1. A planner
Some people color coordinate it. Sticker it. highlight it. or pencil it in. Whatever method works for you just write it down so you have a visual of all the things you need to get done day by day. There are some moments during finals week that I can only take life one thing at a time.

2. Coffee
Do I need to explain? Coffee is my lifeline. Try to switch between coffee and water. You don't want to get headaches or be dehydrated!

3. Friends
Study breaks actually help you! Chat with a buddy for 20 minutes about nothing. You'd be amazed how refreshed you'll return to your work!

4. Snacks
I always crave those unhealthy, crappy, greasy snacks during finals (who doesn't). Try to stay away from them! Grab a bag of granola or almonds-- it's brain food! I have a snack subscription to NatureBox (https://naturebox.com/) for $20 a month, they'll send you 5 healthy and yummy snacks! That's cheaper than if you went to Walmart and bought your granola there!

5. Good playlist
When making a playlist, try to have a good mix of genres. I'm a fan of classical, Christmas music and music that just makes me happy like the Jonas Brothers (nerdy- I know), Two Door Cinema Club or She & Him. It's up to your personal taste!

6. Your study zone
Find and claim your study zone early in the week. I know that all the tables in my sorority house near outlets go like TVS on Black Friday. I like to switch it up between my room, a local coffee shop and the library. Find a place that once your settled in your brain knows that it's time to work!

7. Chapstick
Y'all. It's cold outside. Save yourself some pain and pack a tube of chapstick. Odds are that at 2 am you'll be grateful.

8. Nice Lotion
Again, it gets cold and dry in Mississippi so treat yourself during this stressful period to some luxury lotion! I absolutely swear by L'Occitane lotion (pure heaven on your fingers).

9. Motivational Sticky Note
Place a sticky note near your desk or bedside that has a little happy saying. It could be a Bible verse or just a quote that inspires you. Mine says: "The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." (Exodus 15:2 ESV)

Good Luck everyone!
Keep your eye on the prize!
#macyprobs 

Comments

Popular Posts