10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I was on Executive Council

In case some of you didn't know, I served as the Historian for my sorority for the 2014 calendar year. It was one of the wildest and most rewarding things I've ever done. As I reflected and prepared to hand my position over to the next Historian I compiled a few things that I'm sure that any girl on their Sorority's Executive Council wishes they knew beforehand (or maybe just me)

1.      Be prepared to work.

2.      There will be some nights where you have to choose between friends and school, school and zeta

3.      Sometimes when you're an EC member you can be the most hated person in the chapter (get pumped for composite time)

4.      If you don't like coffee- start drinking it now, you'll need it

5.      Even when you feel like absolute shit, you have to be able to keep yourself together.

6.      Even if you don't agree with another EC member, try your hardest to support them. The chapter will prefer and respond better to a united leadership

7.      You have to learn how to keep your zeta life and personal life separate. In the long run it will be better to not let your personal life affect your zeta work (and school work too)

8.      There are some people who want to see you fail. Sorry to break it to you. It's true. Girls are rude. Girls are mean-- forget about them and show them how qualified you are for this position

9.      You will have to face some of your flaws, and when the time comes you most likely will have to admit your flaws and imperfections to others. Do this with grace.


10.      You are always being watched. Think back to when you were a freshman- I know I looked up to the juniors and seniors who were on EC. You want to be a role model, someone they feel comfortable around. That actually goes for any pledge class. You want girls who are older than you to respect you too. That doesn't mean you can't go out and have a good time, but be responsible in what you do, wear, say and how you treat others. Use the boyfriend's parents rule: if your boyfriend's parents saw you, would they still allow their son to marry you?
 
 


Gamma Zeta Executive Council: 2014
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts