A Book Written by Someone Under 30: I Am Malala


I Am Malala
by Malala Yousafzai
 
 
It has been a long time since I have found a book so compelling that I could sit down and read it for hours without stopping. It only took me 3 days to read this amazing memoir. I love how honest she is. She explains life and death exactly how it is, no sugar coating of anything. This girl has been through hell and back, yet she remains strong and stands by her beliefs. Her faith is one that cannot be shaken. She prays to God even in the toughest of times. As most of you know I am a believer in the Christian faith, however I was humbled to see that Malala spoke of the Islamic God the same way I would about my own. I don't think I've ever thought about Islam and Christianity being similar, after reading this book I have found that they are very similar. I am not certain, but I think that we may even pray to the same God. It is something I want to explore more in the future.
 
Malala stood up for education. She has taught me that Muslims are just as peaceful, kind and caring as any other religion. I thank her for opening my eyes and my heart. She is truly a wonderful woman and I hope that she continues her education campaign.
 
 
Next book: A Book I Own , but Never Read: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
#macprobs

Comments

Popular Posts