A Book I Own, but Never Read: Lolita

About 50 pages into this book, I realized why I had never read this novel. It's terrible. There's very little to grasp onto. One of the only things that I grasped was that a grown man fell in love with a child, killed her mother so they could be together, and had sex with the child. The novel is written in a way where you have no idea what is happening and at the end of the chapter you realize... crap he just got freaky with a 7th grader.


 
Lolita
By: Vladimir Nabokov

All in all. I have to say no to Lolita. Messing around with underage girls is not something I'm into. You can read it and decide for yourself.


Next: A book that I can finish in a day:
Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
#macyprobs


Comments

Popular Posts