Three Months Disconnected

I must be honest. These past few weeks have been difficult and turbulent for me. I'm the process of applying for internships and a study program along with juggling an academic life, work life, social life and searching for my non-existent love life. I lie to myself saying that I handle stress well. I don't. I hide. Literally, I will return to my room and jump under my covers until I force myself to complete my daily tasks. I have trouble being positive and gracious when I am under stress. One day this week I watched a whole season of "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" instead of writing a film paper. I believe that since I have become accustomed to not always checking social media, I find it normal to bury myself somewhere alone. (Granted, I have cheated on Instagram. I've posted some not so life changing events in the past few weeks)


Have you ever heard Carrie Underwood's hit Jesus take the Wheel?-- this is how I feel. I control nothing and no matter how much I want to control or try to control, I just can't. It's scary to think that I have such little control over my life. It is incredibly difficult for me to step back, breathe and understand that by my God's grace and mercy He will provide everything and allow His people to flourish!

"Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is mine;"
-Exodus 19:5 (ESV)
 
 
 
 
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts