Sweet Louisiana Easter 2015

My good and darling friends, Easter has always been such a wonderful time of year for me. This Easter was especially special for me. I got to spend the holiday weekend with my grandfather. I drove out early Good Friday morning and arrived at his home in Farmerville, Louisiana a little after lunch time. He helped me unpack and allowed me to nap for a few hours. That night we met up with my Aunt and Uncle and their children for delicious fish dinner. It was so wonderful to see them- it's been years since we've been all together in one place.

The next day, we slept in and laid around the house reading. Every now and then I would hear Papa snoring with his book in his lap. That afternoon we drove out to the lake and I got the grand tour (even though I had been to the lake more times than I could count). Every person we came across he introduced me proudly as his granddaughter. I know how Kate Middleton feels now: always shaking hands, hugging and kissing folks she'll never meet again, but I did it with a smile, just like Kate. We grabbed a pizza and a coconut cake from the grocery store and settled in to watch the Final Four games. {Go Badgers} It was great to share something with Papa. A memory that was only mine. Just eating pizza, drinking beer and enjoying on some coconut cake. [Which honestly I don't recommend to mix with Keystone Light]

On Easter Sunday we met my Aunt and Uncle again for church and sat in the same pew my grandfather has been sitting in for 46 years. Again I was introduced to so many white-haired ladies and men in plaid suspenders, I am ready to take my rightful place as Miss America. Some people even got me confused with my mother and swore that I was her... I guess you're telling me my mother looks good for her age? Or I just need to slather on the anti-wrinkle cream? 

We returned to Papa's house for some lunch after the service. My aunt and I decided to go visit some of our other cousins before I got back on the road. I was reluctant to go visit them because they are always pushing food on me, asking me when I'm going to get married and telling me that traveling the world is dangerous for a girl my age. However, my great uncle Lee Royce is not in good health and I had no idea when I could possibly visit with him again.

We opened the door and it was just as it's always been.
Macy want some pie?
Macy why you still studyin' that other language?
Macy you have a boy?

No.
French? Yes.
No. Unless you count my Daddy.

At that time, my sweet Uncle Lee Royce stumbled out into the room. He looked as he always had, overalls and t-shirt, but he looked so pale and tired. I could just tell his soul was tired. He sat in his big lazyboy and I pulled up a chair next to him. He talked to me as he always had. Asking about school, telling me to stay away from boys until the Lord led the right one into my life. I asked how he felt. He said, "Now, I've felt better physically, but spiritually I've never felt so closer and near. I know He'll take me when He needs me and I'll be ready to see Him again. I don't want you to leave this world with regrets, Macy. You'll have a whole new experience with Him, but you're only given this world once." I hated to see a man that I had always pictured so strong and great to be broken down and humble. I will always hold his words so close to my heart.

I decided to live whatever time I have left on this Earth with no regrets. I will pray my hardest. Live my greatest. Laugh my loudest. Love my fastest.

On my way home I decided to make a few stops at cities I had always wanted to visit. Now granted there's not that many grand cities between Farmerville and Starkville, but I enjoyed myself. I stopped by Monroe, Vicksburg (even though the national park was closed), the first schoolhouse in Mississippi and Europa.


"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life."
-1 John 5:13

 
 
Call a loved one you haven't heard from recently!
 Everyone loves a phone call.
Take a leap of faith and do something crazy (and legal)!
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts