How Traveling Enriched My Faith

It wasn't until recently that I realized how much my faith grew and deepened this last semester in France. Which may be at first seem strange since France is such a secular country, so let me just explain.

Parc Guell: Barcelona, Spain

I was constantly leaning on God and constantly praying for strength.
I went to France not knowing a soul. I knew French which helped greatly with the transition. However the first two weeks, I felt so incredibly lonely. I asked God to comfort me. Once school started I was constantly praying to God to help me make friends or at least hope that the other kids didn't think I was weird. When I traveled to new places I was always thinking about how awesome it was that I was living in the present and enjoying the things God had place in front of my eyes.

Learn from others who are not Christian.
The large majority of my friends that I made were not religious in any form or fashion, but they were still wonderful and kind people. Yes, as Christians we are called to be yoked to other Christians, but Christ himself interacted and loved those who were not Christian. Christ loves all, so should we.

Spread Christ's love and kindness through my words and actions
Since my friends were not Christians, I had a wonderful opportunity to show that real Christians are kind, loving, humble, fun, life-loving people. I would every now and then express verbally my love and faith of Christ. While spread the Word is great, showing how a Christian lives is greater especially since some of these people may have never encountered a Christian person.

Experience the nature God created
God has created some wonderful, gorgeous, jaw-dropping places, flora and fauna. I felt closer to God while in nature that I do sometimes in a church building. Nature is a place of worship and deserves endless praise.

Be thankful for the life I live and everything I have
Wow, I was so lucky and blessed to have the experience I did in France. The friends, the school and the traveling to other countries where more than enough. God has spoiled me and I don't deserve any of it.


#macyprobs

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts