Personal Bible Time: Psalm 112

"(1) Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!
(2) His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
(3) Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
(4) Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; he is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
(5) It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who conducts his affairs with justice.
(6) For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever.
(7) He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
(8) His heart is steady; he will not be afraid, until he looks in triumph on his adversaries.
(9) He has distributed freely; he has given to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn is exalted in honor.
(10) The wicked man sees it and is angry; he gnashes his teeth and melts away; the desire of the wicked will perish!"
 
 
Psalm 112 from ESV
 
The past few days, I just haven't felt like myself. I have felt depressed, unmotivated. Some days it is difficult to get out of bed and put my feet on the floor. There are just so many ups and downs recently that I have found it difficult to ride it through and I have found myself just not caring.
I came across this passage recently. My favorite verse: "Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; he is gracious, merciful and righteous." (verse 4)
After reading I just sat and prayed. It is so wonderful that the Lord knows me better than I know myself. He knows what my emotions and actions before I wake in the morning. He has very day of my life planned out. It is truly God's hand who led me to read Psalm 112. I know that there will be better days, He is righteous. He will raise his children until their enemies are small ants scrambling on the ground.
 
I cannot  and will not be moved with Christ by my side- no matter what lies Satan tries to tell me. For that I am truly blessed.
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts