Read it: Stieg Larsson's Trilogy

    I've read each of these books more than once. They get more wonderful every time. I feel like every time I read them I find a little piece of evidence that I didn't see before. I feel closer to the characters, like I actually know. I've gotten a lot of grief for reading these books. I know that they are racy and explicit. That's not why I read them and love them. I read them because I love the mystery and the relationship between the characters. Plus I'm almost 21. I believe that I am old enough to choose what I read. I started reading them my junior year of high school--- there's nothing more violent about these books that what I studied about the treatment of the Native Americans (which may I had was awful and continues to be).

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
    The first book in Larsson's trilogy sets up the characters: Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander as they hunt down a killer. Harriet Vanger disappeared from a Swedish island over 40 years earlier. No body was found. The Vanger family is anything but normal as they run one of Sweden's greatest companies. It seems like Blomkvist has hit a dead end, until the help from a surprising source helps him break down the barrier.
  In 2011, the book was made into an American version movie. The Swedish version of the movie (2009) was much more violent and deemed unfit for the American public. I adored the American version, I couldn't get through the Swedish version. This is my public appeal: HOLLYWOOD- MAKE THE REST OF THE SERIES INTO MOVIES! Rooney Mara is totally bad ass and defiantly without a doubt, my girl crush.
Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig in the America's 2011 version of the book
 

 
 
The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
    The second book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy is just as well written as the first, or possibly even better. The novel picks up just as Salander and Blomkvist go their separate ways after solving the Vanger case. Blomkvist becomes friends with a couple who is jointly working on an expose of the sex trafficking system in Sweden. Just before their report goes to the printer, they are murdered in their apartment. Strangely enough Salander's guardian is murdered on the same night. A string of witnesses and evidence pinpoint Salander to all 3 murders, but did she really commit all the murders?
   I recently went to Google to try to see if there will be a new American movie. I have found multiple reports saying that there will be a second and third American movie made. Rumors say that the script is still in the works. I guess we will see shortly if there will actually be any new movies. Keep your fingers crossed!
No Rooney Mara, but the Swedish Lisbeth Salander is sill pretty BA




 
 The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
    Well folks, finally on the morning of September 14 2014, I've finished the Larsson trilogy! I am still trying to process the novel I just read. the third book picks up right after the end of The Girl who Played with Fire, Salander wakes up in the hospital with a huge legal issue on her hands. She attempts to declare her legal rights as a Swedish citizen.
    I believe that this was my least favorite book of all three. It took me a month and a half to read it with recruitment, school and work in the way. I think if I had taken it to the beach for a long weekend, I would have enjoyed it much more.
 
 
Lisabeth Salander continues to be totally and completely BA.
 
#macyprobs




Comments

Popular Posts