Read it: The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

    When I was younger, my sister and I received a box set of all seven Narnia books. It wasn't until this summer that I actually cracked them open. I absolutely fell in love it didn't take long to read each book. Each book is about 250 pages and the vocabulary is simple. I know these are children's books, but can't an adult have a child's heart?! I adore that they can be read as wonderful adventure stories about a land far away, but they also point to Christ and our need for Him in our lives.
   Book 1: The Magician's Nephew- tells the Creation of Earth and how evil entered this world.
   Book 2: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- The Crucifixion and Resurrection
   Book 3: The Horse and His Boy- the calling and conversion of a non-believer "a heathen"
   Book 4: Prince Caspian- restoration of the true religion after corruption
   Book 5: The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader"- spiritual life, especially in the fierce mouse Reepicheep
   Book 6: The Silver Chair- continuing war with the powers of darkness, sometimes the Devil can have us 'under a spell' making us believe that his actions are correct.
   Book 7: The Last Battle- the coming of the Antichrist, the end of the world and The Last Judgment
 
I would say out of the 7, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and The Last Battle are my favorites. Simply because it is so easy to see the parallels between the Bible and Lewis' novel. I adore Aslan, the Lion who acts as Christ. I am not ashamed to say that on multiple occasions I have started crying when I begin to summarize these books. They are just so wonderful. A child could pick it up and after having a discussion truly understand how Christ died on the cross for us- BECAUSE HE LOVED US! 
 
Oh gosh, I'm getting a little teary eyed thinking about one day when I can curl up with Aslan and talk about wonderful things.
 
 
   #macyprobs  


Comments

Popular Posts