2016 for #macyprobs

Alright so it's that time of year. The time of year if you're like me you're regretting all the sweets and drinks you've consumed over the past few days, weeks, months... all of 2015. It's the time of year when you try to make goals for the new year and most of the time forget about them come February. Instead of goals, I'm going to tell you what I'm going to do this year.


  1. I will post on my blog at least once a week. Keep me to this! Even if it's a silly picture of myself, a simple note of encouragement. I have a list of blog post ideas written down in a notebook so I am armed and ready. Writing and creating new material for my blog is also a way for me to set aside time for myself to just relax and get some stress off. 
  2. I will try a new recipe every week. Whether it is from a magazine, a cookbook, a friend or pinterest. Whether it is a meat dish, salad, smoothie, cake or drink. I want to learn some new things and try new things. I find that food you take the time to cook and prepare for yourself is always more enjoyable. This also gives me some 'Macy time' every week to find a recipe, go to the store and get the ingredients, to cook the recipe and to enjoy the delicious (or maybe not so delicious food). This is also an opportunity for me to fulfill my once a week blog post rule!
  3.  Write a stellar DIS. DIS stands for Directed Individual Study. It is sort of like a thesis, but for the honors college at Mississippi State. The topic I have chosen to research, study and write on is: The Economics and Consequences of the Beauty Industry. Stay tuned on more! I will keep you posted hopefully at least once a month on my new findings. I plan to conduct interviews and research within my own Starkville community in order to compare it to the national stats. I'm very excited to expose how much the Beauty Industry has women today wrapped around their finger. 
  4. Get out & Get Healthy. This last semester in France I got so much exercise. I walked when I was stressed instead of just eating my stress. I also walked to and from school everyday. I tried new sports. I hiked the Alps. I skied the Alps. I felt so good about myself and how I was constantly pushing myself. I want to keep this up because it seriously does feel so good. Even if you don't succeed the first or 100th time, the time you do succeed it feels like you are on top of the world! I will try to get active at least 4 days a week. Whether it is at the gym, running around the neighborhood, finding new trails to explore at the Refuge, or just walking around campus just because it's a nice day. 
  5. Stop wasting so much time on social media. I will delete all the social media apps off of my phone (except for groupme for clubs and Facebook Messenger to keep in touch with all my European friends). I will set aside 1 hour a week, probably on the weekend to catch up on all my social media outlets. I hope by doing this I can be intentional with the people around me and just the day to day life. Also, it will probably keep me focused on more important things like school. Let's get real. If people REALLY need to tell me something, they can text me, call me, e-mail me, snail mail me, send me an owl...
  6. Finally, I will beef up that resume. I am not graduating until May of 2017 so I still have some time to think about my future, but not as much as I think! I need to start making connections, hopefully get a good competitive summer internship. I plan to take the GRE at some point this year. My goal is to get at least a 152. That is what is preferred for non EU citizens as a GRE score for my dream master's school: The Norwegian School of Economics. Of course, anything above a 152 is welcome but I will work my butt off to get back to Norway!

2016 is going to be great!
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts