ZTA Winter Sisterhood Retreat

Sisterhood is one of those words that magically become part of your vocabulary when you join a sorority. No, I am not related to any of them by blood; but I still can call them my sisters! To me sisterhood means that the friendship and fellowship that forms between your pledge class, big sister, little sister, or any other member of your sorority. Sisterhood can have a lot of different facades. It could simply mean that you are initiated in the same sorority and absolutely nothing in common OR it could mean that these are the girls that will cry with you, laugh with you, text you at 1 am to make sure you're still cramming for a final. These are the girls that I plan to have stand next to me when (and if) I get married. [I prefer the second façade, as do most girls]

I digress. My chapter tries to have multiple sisterhood events a semester and at least one day-long event each semester. This past weekend we romped around Tupelo, MS visiting the Buffalo Park, the mall and the ice skating rink.

 At the Buffalo Park, we were able to feed some buffalos!


 In addition to feeding the buffalo, the park owned a few other animals such as a camel, lion and giraffe. I'm not going to lie, I had a strong urge to set some of these animals free-- their cages were WAY too small. Poor babies
Next, we went to the mall in Tupelo.
 Sorority Girls + Mall = Bliss
Macy + Mall + Auntie Anne's Pretzel = SUPER Bliss
Finally we ended the day at the ice skating rink. I had forgotten how terrible I am at pretty much athletic whatsoever therefore I fell a lot. I had one bruised booty the next day!
 
No day with your sorority sisters is complete without a selfie!
{Please take note of how I am NOT on the ice!}
 
 
Still nursing my bruised butt.
Still making memories with my zisters.
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts