A Book Based Entirely on its Cover: The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing



The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing
by Melissa Bank
 
How I found this cover: I went home over MLK weekend. On my route to and from school there is a used bookstore called 2nd and Charles near a mall that I always stop at because it is at the halfway point. I try to venture into the bookstore at least once on either side of the trip. While in the store, I came across this novel. The girl running on the front reminded me of an LL Bean ad. I grew up with dozens of copies of LL Bean catalogs sprawled throughout the house (even those that were years old).
 
How I found the inside: This book would have been the perfect beach read, but since I read it in January it turned out to be the perfect snuggled up in bed read. It is simple to read, the content is quick and engaging. I was able to join and befriend the main character as she searched to find a perfect man.
 
How I feel after reading this book: It may come as no surprise, but this girl is hunting and fishing for men. I'm not entirely how I feel about 'hunting' for a man. I personally feel like two souls will meet and join together when the time is right, not because I forced him to like me with lies. However, I do know girls who treat looking for a husband as they would hunting for a deer. To them I say: chill out and drink a mimosa.
 
Next book: A Play:
The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee
#macyprobs

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts