9 Reasons to Join a Sorority (that have nothing to do with parties)

People join sororities for many different reasons: friends, networking, leadership. However it seems that many base their primary decision to go Greek or not on the fact that sororities are known to promote partying. If you have been following my blog at all, you know that I loved being an active member of a sorority during my college years and my great experience has continued into my post-college life.



With college recruitment right around the corner for most universities, I asked some of my Zeta sisters why they decided to join and all of their reasons had nothing to do with parties.


  1.  "Leadership opportunities as a freshman" - Paige
  2. "A support system when you're far away from home" -Victoria
  3. "Making friends in class easier. Nationwide sisters. I can't even begin to tell you how many new friends I've made after college from other ZTA alum recognizing my letters!" - Kelly
  4. "Surviving accounting and other classes I had no clue in!" - Braden
  5. "Encouragement in and outside of the classroom!" - Peyton 
  6. "To become a part of something bigger than yourself and have the opportunity to make long-lasting friendships with girls you wouldn't normally be friends with! It's so coll because they may be different than me but they're some of the greatest friends!" - Mollie
  7. Meeting and getting to know people you probably normally wouldn't have, given the chance. There's a lot of personalities out there!" - Allyn
  8. "Breaking out of your comfort zone! I wasn't even sure about going through recruitment because I was shy and scared, but I'm so glad I did! I met my best friends that I know I'll have for the rest of my life and that was worth the fear of putting myself out there. I just joined an alum chapter for the exact same reasons, even four years later. It's not four years, it's for life!" - Alli
  9. "I honestly didn't know that sororities had parties, but I joined zeta for the philanthropy."- Zena

 In polling my sisters, I received a pretty funny nugget of knowledge from Alicia: "I was so naive that I didn't even think sororities had parties."



There are so many things that sororities can give you other than the chance to go to parties. Friends. Academic support. Leadership opportunities. The possibilities are endless and they continue long after you graduate college. 



I hope that we helped change your mind about what a sorority is really like!
Still have questions or concerns leave them here! Or tell us why you joined a sorority.

your little mouse

Comments

Popular Posts