B.Y.O.M @ Gate City Brewing

In the spirit of re-discovering my hometown, I found that neighboring city, Roswell, is now home to a brewery. Close to the Roswell Square is Gate City Brewing Company. I followed their Facebook page back in April when I still lived in Mississippi. A week ago I saw on their Facebook page that this Saturday that they would be hosting a B.Y.O.M. (Bring Your Own Mat) event that included a one hour yoga session and beer tasting. I was totally in. Combine two of my favorite things plus a chance to meet new people? Done.


The yoga session was led by Diana who teaches at Roswell Yoga Life. She was a wonderful teacher and her flows really kicked my butt. I don't think I've that many planks since I accidently walked into a boot camp workout class at MSU. Still all exercise is good and feels great (once you're done).

As you can see, they have quite a few different beers to choose from!


Our hard work was rewarded by some great beer. I personally favor lighter or wheat beers. I tried Gate City's 20 Grand cream ale which was very light and crisp, what the bar tender called "lawnmower beer". I tasted a barrel-aged dark spiced brown ale (2x Vanilla Brown) which I surprisingly really enjoyed. The winner of the taste testing for me was the Lavender Ale. It wasn't floral or gross as expected. It was like a Belgian styled beer with a hint of lavender. Very summery! While talking to the bar tender, I learned that they will be releasing a peach blonde ale this summer so I will definitely be going back!

Cheers to drinking local!


Do you have a favorite hometown brewery?
Do you have any fun suggestions of things to do to around Atlanta?
your little mouse

Comments

Popular Posts