#tbt: South Africa

For a time, my father worked in South Africa. He would travel there almost every month for a week or more at a time. Over the summer between high school and college, as a family we all packed our bags to trail along with him to experience South Africa and its people! The greatest part of traveling to Africa during the summer break, was that we were able to get a break from the humidity and heat of Atlanta.

 
 
We were able to go into Soweto, one of Johannesburg's most well known neighborhoods.  We went to so many different museums to try to gain a better understanding of the country and its history.



 
We visited Nelson Mandela's home on Vilakazi Street. This street has so much history and importance to the country of South Africa. At one point both Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu lived on the street. 
 
I always enjoy seeing the big cities, however I feel like you gain a greater experience of the people and how they truly live if you pass through some of the rural regions.
 
 
If I had to rank the top 10 things I've ever done in the 20 years I've been on this Earth, I would have to say going on a safari is one of the top 5! It is so amazing to see all of these great beasts in their natural habitat! Not going to lie, the whole time I was looking for Pride Rock and Simba...


We went to the Kruger National Park for our safari, look! Elephants literally just walk around without rules (they ain't got time for rules or sidewalks)



 
South Africans and my family enjoy tea after a long day! "A cuppa of five roses tay if you please?"



 
I really hope that I get the chance to travel back to the African continent soon. I'm praying that the Lord will take me back to Africa [even for a day]!
 
#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts