What this Election has Surprisingly Taught Me about Myself

It is finally here. It seems like we, as Americans, have been counting down to this day. This very defining day.

I am so amazingly nervous and afraid of what may happen in this election. 

The months and weeks leading up to the election has just filled my head, heart and soul with uneasiness. All I want (and I believe the majority of Americans want) is to see my country prosper. This campaign season has taken on a life of its own. No one sleeps easy tonight no matter which way you have voted. 

I have been taught that God controls all. He is divine and will care for His people. 
I have little difficulty believing that God controls my schoolwork, my relationships, my well being.... but the good of the country? I have no faith that God will prevail and bring not only my country but the entire world over His watch.
Why?
Why? Do I have such a difficult time giving this power to God? Is it because I have the ability to vote for whom I want to be the next president? I have the ability to study to control my GPA. I have the ability to smile and laugh with friends. I have the ability to cook healthy meals and exercise. To tell you the truth, I have no idea why I cannot give this fear over to God. It could be that this election seems so much bigger than a difference between an A or a B. It could be because there is no passage in the Bible stating, "God wants the American people to have the best President possible." 

All I know is that I do not trust God fully. 
I am human and this is part of the Fall. 

"O my God, in you I trust;
let me not be put to shame;
let not my enemies exult over me."
-Psalm 25:2

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding,"
-Proverbs 3:5

#macyprobs

Comments

Popular Posts