Future Letter to my Post Grad Self

Since I am on the edge of starting a new chapter in my life, I thought it would be nice and a tad sentimental to write a letter to myself to read again after I graduate from my Masters program in June 2019. It seems like it will be a long time until graduation, but in reality it will come sooner than you know!


so.. let's get sentimental.



Dear Macy,

I seriously can't believe that you are here studying in Sweden. Not only in Sweden but attending one of the top universities in the world. If you would have told high-school Macy that she would be living in another country, she would not have believed you. You have matured a lot since high school and I am sure that you will continue to grow and mature these next two years. I am sure that you will make a lot of friends, but possibly lose some friends too. I hope that you find happiness and love, not only in the romantic sense but in a daily sense. Find pure joy in the tasks that are given to you. Find pure love in those around you. Connect deeply not just people, but with yourself as well. You are worthy and special. It is difficult for me to say something like this since there was a long period of time when I did not believe in my own self worth. Macy- your self worth and happiness is nothing but your own, it can not be connected  or dependent to anyone else.
I hope that during these two years you will become the best version of yourself, try new things, scare yourself. 

You're a rockstar little mouse.
You have your master's degree (and hopefully an awesome job)
Continue to show the world what you got.



Comments

Popular Posts