A Book Written by an Author with the Same Initials as you: In the Skin of a Lion


In the Skin of a Lion
by: Michael Ondaatje
 
I have read Ondaatje's more popular novel The English Patient for a Literature class in college and absolutely HATED it. However, I have just decided that I just detested the teacher. This novel was actually enjoyable. It was in sorts a prequel to The English Patient and introduced readers to the character, Caravaggio. I will give warning to those who want to read any of Ondaatje's works, they are not simple reads. Be prepared to flip back to previous passages or reread what you just read so you can have a full grasp on the story line. I liked this book enough that I might give The English Patient  another try, or I could just watch the movie... Either way.
 
Next book: A book that was originally written in a different language
Mozart: His Character, His Work [German]
#macyprobs


Comments

Popular Posts